Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Candles by Victoria... AGAIN! :)

Well, I broke down when Victoria put on another fabulous sale and ordered wayyyy more than I should have... oops. However, I can justify it because fall scents are my absolute fave!

Random note before I get started though... I picked up a mini of the BBW Leaves and OMG! I need a big one!!! (Sorry Victoria) It's like earthy plus apples. So random, but SOOOO delicious!!!

OK - Back to CBV. For those of you who don't know Candles by Victoria ( www.candlesbyvictoria.com ) I have to tell you that it's a family run company run by amazing people. They go absolutely out of their way to make their customer satisfied. You can e-mail Victoria any question you may have and she always replies with a helpful answer. Their shipping and customer service are speedy and, on the very rare occasion when a mistake is made they are SO quick to fix it. I feel in my years of ordering CBV that I've gotten to know Victoria slightly and I think she is an amazing person. I hope she does this forever.

Before I start reviewing I have a few disclaimers. One, subscribe to the belief of 'don't judge until you burn.' I got a few candles of scent shots that I just couldn't stand... until I burned them. Two, to me, fall equals cinnamon. Sadly, cinnamon on cold throw (pre-warming) is INSANELY strong and reminds me of Fireball... which reminds me of highschool and we just don't want to go there. So, beware, cinnamon mellows out.

I won't be using the scent descriptions - just going by what my nose knows. I shall start with my scent shots.

Country Bumpkin - This is one of those judge when it's warm scents. Frist sniff I get cinnamon (shocking), but hiding under there I get a bit of sweet potato and marshmallow. I feel like this is one I'll really like when it's warm.

Peppercorn - I think this one smells like a spicy, sexy man. I think it smells more like a cologne than an earthy type scent. It reminds me a bit of Old Spice.

Granny's Pie Crust - I got this one entirely because of message board raving. I thought it sounded like a kind of meh bakery scent... Was I ever wrong!!! It's a sweet, creamy scent with a teeeeeeeny bit of cinnamon. I can't stop sniffing it. This is a 10.

Cinnamon Donuts - Please see disclaimers. All I get is cinnamon now. Hoping I get the donuts when it's warm! This is a wait and see.

Brown Sugar Gingersnap - Mmmmm this one is perfect!! I wasn't all that impressed with Buttery Gingerbread, but something about the brown sugar completes the scent. Fabulous!!

Kahlua Cafe O'Lait - Chocolatey Coffee amazingness. I think it smells a lot like CBVs Espresso Brownie Comfort Candle.

Sugar Cookies - I get some bakery sugary scent. This one needs to be warmed up too.

Orange Cranberry Muffin - There is something about Victoria's cranberry (or any berry) that just doesn't agree with my nose. I always get something plasticy. This one isn't as bad, but I still get that weird note from the berry. Probably won't be a reorder for me. If you like berry scents give it a try though!

Carrot Cake Orange Delight - Well, I will tell you know that I don't much care for the carrot cake scent cold. So, I get that scent with a bit of orange. I think I will absolutely LOVE it once it's warm.

Kokamo Cave (free) - I LOVE this one!!! It reminds me a lot of Jamaican Vacation which is my absolute FAVE tropical scent. It's heavy on the fruit, light on the floral and absolutely delish.

Whiskey Sour - I got this one because I had heard it's more like Egg Nog than the actual egg nog scent it. And, I originally got that one because I am CRAZY over the Philosophy Egg Nog shower gel. I get kind of the spicy egg nog essence, but at the same time it's almost fresh and not so heavy? Still, it's amazing!

Pink Grapefruit - I love pink grapefruit. This is no exception. Smells just like the real thing!

Pumpkin Cider - My fave out of the whole order I think. Wish I would have gotten a big candle in this scent. Pumpking plus cider... perfect description.

Now on to my 8 ozers.

Coco Lime Verbena - If you like the BBW scent, this one is amazing too!! Slightly limier, but it's SO GOOD.

Baked Apple Strudel - A re-re-re-order for me. Apple scents are my fave and this one, in my opinion is the best one! Baked apple and some spice. How can you go wrong?!

Carrot Cake - Again, really weird on cold throw, but it warms up into the perfect fall homey scent.

Pumpkin Apple Cinnamon Bread - Pumpking with apple and cinnamon and some sweet bakery. Don't love the pumpkin, but I think this one might grow on me when it's warm.

Citrusmoon - This is another top fave. Fresh citrus with some musky sexy scents. It's sexy citrus.

Graham Cracker Crust - Mmmmm sweet cinnamon buttery goodness.

Cinnabon - I smelled this one cold when I bought one for my mom and it was an instalove. Smells like cinnamon bakery with frosting... and lot's of it. And who doesn't love smelling a Cinnabon?

Peanut Butter Cookies - Another one I was neutral on cold throw... but it smells JUST like fresh PB Cookies when it's warm.

Apple Gingerbread Spice - Just like the name says. It's a close second to BSS, but nothing will dethrone that scent in my world...

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies - This one is for my mom. I've had it before though and it smells like sweet bakery with some cinnamon. It's a good one.

Vanilla Hazelnut - Another one for my mom. I am neither a big fan of hazelnut or of vanilla so not my thing... But mom will love it.

Finally, Brown Sugar Shortbread - My fave big candle of the order... So amazing. Smells like carmelized sugar to me. Delicious!!

No comments:

Post a Comment